Berghaus Star projection
The Berghaus Star projection is a star-shaped azimuthal world map projection that is neither conformal nor equal area, however the Northern Hemisphere of the Earth in this projection is azimuthal equidistant. It was developed by Heinrich Berghaus in 1879. This map is interrupted and cannot be used for mapping Australia and Antarctica without interrupting other large land masses .
- The Nomenclature and Classification of Map Projections Empire Survey Review No. 51, Vol VII January 1944 Pages 190-200 ; L.P. Lee, Lands Survey Department, Wellington, N.Z.
- Matching the Map Projection to the Need
- List of ESRI-supported map projections
- Weisstein, Eric W. Map Projections. From MathWorld--A Wolfram Web Resource.
- Map Projections. Atlas of Canada.
- Cartographical Map Projections, Carlos A. Furuti website, www.progonos.com.
- Elements of Map Projection. (26 MB download) U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, Special Publication 68 (1938).
- Map Projections. USGS Publications. December 2000.
- What are map projections? ArcGIS 10 Online Help
- University of Colorado at Boulder - Map Projection Overview with Illustrations
- Data Projections. GeoCommunity Web site.
- Wiki.GIS.com - Types of Projections