| This article needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (February 2007)
GEOCODE (Geospatial Entity Object Code) is a standardized all-natural number representation format specification for geospatial coordinate measurements that provide details of the exact location of geospatial point at, below, or above the surface of the earth at a specified moment of time.
Geocode is patented under US Patents 6,681,231, approved July 26, 2003, and 7,107,286, approved May 4, 2006. Geocode is also a registered US Federal trademark, US Registration Number 3182988, approved December 12, 2006.
Geocode is a federally registered copyrighted computer software program, US Registration Number TX-6-603-127, dated July 26, 1999.
A Geocode representation format is a combination of some or all of the following geospatial attributes:
- Geocode Format Registry Number,
- Local time
- Global time in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) format
- Coordinate Reference System - (Coordinate Reference System Type Registry Number - IS0 19115,
- Geodetic Reference Ellipsoid, Registry Number, Geodetic Reference Datum Registry Number, Coordinate Format Registration Number - ISO 19145)
- Coordinate Sensor Accuracy for Latitude, Longitude and/or Altitude
- Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) address or Internet Protocol, version 6 (IPv6) address in Compressed, Uncompressed or Fully Uncompressed decimal format
- Other geospatial attributes
Mandatory attributes included in the Geocode representation format are Geocode Format Registry, Latitude, and Longitude. All other attributes are voluntary.