Lesson 5: GIS Data Administration
Data provides the resources you need to make proper business decisions. The information products required to make business decisions determine the critical data resources that must be available for business operations. How you organize and maintain your data resources will contribute to system performance and user productivity.
- Complementary Planning for Building a GIS Video: Data requirements 36:55.
- GIS feature data architecture
- CPT Platform Capacity Calculator Vector Data Source Performance
- Enterprise Geodatabase
- Traditional Geodatabase replication use-cases
- ArcGIS Desktop direct connect and feature service access to supported DBMS content
- GIS imagery data architecture
- GIS enterprise data architecture
Exercise 5: Use the CPT to determine platform capacities and workflows]
Data source selection is a configuration parameter separate from the baseline workflow performance target selection, and the data source format performance adjustments are made for each workflow during final system configuration.
- Download the Arc19CapacityPlanning0201 CPT for use in the class exercises
- Click here for Exercise 5 where you will perform the following tasks:
- Configure the Platform Capacity Calculator with a web mapping workflow.
- Extend the Platform Capacity Calculator to evaluate six web mapping data sources.
- Configure the Platform Capacity Calculator for an ArcGIS image service workflow.
- Extend the Platform Capacity Calculator to evaluate seven imagery data sources.
- Configure the CPT Calculator with a custom ArcGIS image service workflow.
- Add the imagery workflow to the Project Workflows list on the Workflow tab.
Best practice: Questions on SADSwiki content can be answered through the GeoNet Implementing GIS Architecture and Security forum.