Lesson 8: Information Security
This chapter provides an introduction to the purpose and scope of information security. Basic concepts are introduced for developing security solutions that meet your business needs. Esri's information patterns share how to establish security measures appropriate for your organization.
- What is information security?
- Esri security strategy evolution
- ArcGIS Server: Authorization deployment scenarios
- Portal: Authentication deployment scenarios
- ArcGIS Online security authentication and authorization
- Portal for ArcGIS security authentication and authorization
- Portal distributed collaboration
- Esri’s security strategy
- Business continuance
- Security strategy overview
Security is everybody's job, there is no exception. The world is not a secure environment, and you need to keep your eyes and minds open to the threats around you.
There is no single solution for security.
- There are costs and trade-offs that must be made to support an optimum solution.
- Too much security controls can reduce productivity and increase cost.
- Too little attention and control can result in loss of property and the ability to perform.
Note: There is no CPT exercise for this lesson.
Best practice: Questions on SADSwiki content can be answered through the GeoNet Implementing GIS Architecture and Security forum.