|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from other articles related to it. (February 2009)|
|Education||MA (Manchester), PhD (Uppsala), AcSS|
|Known for||Academic Research into Globalisation|
Dicken is currently an Emeritus Professor and continuing researcher into Global Patterns of Business and Globalisation, at the University of Manchester.
Of his own research, Dicken states that his "research interests focus upon the changing multi-scalar geographies of the global economy and on the structures and dynamics of global production networks, particularly the relationships between transnational corporations and states."
- Global Shift (1986; new editions in 1992, 1998, 2003 and 2007)
- Location in Space (1972; new editions in 1978 and 1990; with Peter E. Lloyd)
- Hubbard, P., R. Kitchin and G. Valentine (2005): Key Thinkers on Space and Place. London: Sage, pp. 108-112.
- Olds, K. (2004): Commentary 1 on ‘Classics in human geography revisited’. Progress in Human Geography 28 (4), pp. 507-511.
- SED Website, University of Manchester
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help wiki.gis.com by expanding it.|