ArcExplorer is a freely available lightweight GIS data viewer that lets you perform a variety of basic GIS functions. With ArcExplorer, you can display, query, and retrieve data. It can be used as a stand-alone application with local data sets or as a client for Internet data and map servers.
The ArcExplorer installation can be freely distributed on spatial data CDs so recipients can view data effectively.
With ArcExplorer you can:
- Freely distribute an application that will allow others to view GIS data
- Display and query a variety of standard data sources including:
- Esri shapefiles
- ArcInfo Coverages
- ArcIMS Services
- Pan and zoom through multiple layers and identify, locate, and query geographic and attribute data
- Symbolize your data based on attributes contained in your data layers to create thematic maps
- Perform basic spatial analysis tasks on the geographic data, such as selecting and buffering features
- Freely distribute ArcExplorer and your data on media so colleagues can effectively view your data
- ArcExplorer 9.2 Java Edition
- ArcExplorer Web
- ArcExplorer Java Edition for Education - Created to allow educators using Mac OS X to utilize GIS in the classroom.
- ArcExplorer 2
All Versions can be downloaded at the following ArcExplorer product page