Esri Maps for Office
|Stable release||2.1 / July 2013|
|Type||Geographic information system|
|Website||Esri Products - Esri Maps for Office|
Esri Maps for Office is one of the Esri Location Analytics products that provides data visualization and geographic intelligence for business analytics systems. It is an add-in for Microsoft Office.
Mapping with Esri Maps for Office
Esri Maps for Office requires an ArcGIS Online organization account and Microsoft Office Excel or PowerPoint 2010 or Microsoft Office Excel or PowerPoint 2013. .
Esri Maps for Office and ArcGIS Online
The ArcGIS Online organization subscription allows users to access geographic content published by both Esri and the community. Users then can combine the content with the Excel data to enhance the visual experience of the map and publish them on ArcGIS Online for sharing with others .
ArcGIS Online is a content management system for geographic information that enables users to share the content in a configurable environment. Users can publish hosted feature services with publisher permissions. This is essential for sharing layers and maps from Esri Maps for Office to ArcGIS Online.
Esri Maps for Office and Microsoft Office Excel and Power Point
Esri Maps for Office helps users to create a geospatial view of their organization’s data by creating an interactive map that includes data from Microsoft Excel and ArcGIS services. It also allows users to add web maps from Excel or ArcGIS Online to Microsoft Power Point .
Esri Maps for Office allows users to analyze Excel data in a location-based context without leaving the Excel environment . From Microsoft Excel, users can:
- Share Excel data on ArcGIS Online.
- Add created web maps to PowerPoint.
- Copy maps as images to anywhere that supports paste functionality.
Esri Maps for Office provides two options to add a map to a Microsoft Power Point presentation:
- Create a slide from Excel after creating a map in Microsoft Excel. This enables users to make a PowerPoint slide with a static image of the map.
- Create a map in PowerPoint by adding a web map from ArcGIS Online. Users have choices to add a map either as a static image or as an interactive map that allows panning and zooming while in Presentation mode.
The following are the operating systems that support Esri Maps for Office :
- Windows XP (with SP3) (32-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 with SP2 and MSXML 6.0 (32-bit Office only)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- "System Requirements" Esri Maps for Office. Esri. Accessed 31 July 2013.
- "Sign In Esri Maps for Office" ArcGIS Resources. Esri. Accessed 31 July 2013.
- "Esri Maps for Office" ArcGIS Resources. Esri. Accessed 31 July 2013.