|Founded||New York City, NY (2002)|
|Headquarters||New York City, NY; Arlington, VA; Victoria, BC|
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
|Products||PostGIS, GeoServer, GeoTools, OpenLayers, QGIS|
Boundless, formerly OpenGeo, is an American company that develops and supports powerful open-source software packages for the geospatial analysis, management and publication of geospatial information; these include PostGIS, GeoServer, OpenLayers, and QGIS.
Founded in 2002 as part of the non-profit OpenPlans, OpenGeo helped found the GeoServer project and subsequently hired core developers representing other popular open source geospatial software projects built around standards from the Open Geospatial Consortium. In 2013, OpenGeo took took on investment from VanEdge Capital and In-Q-Tel and spun out from OpenPlans to establish itself as an independent company. In September 2013, the company changed its name to Boundless, creating a new corporate brand to better reflect the growing range of platforms, applications (now including QGIS), and services the company develops and sells.
- "Spotlight: USGIF Member Boundless". Trajectory Magazine. http://trajectorymagazine.com/got-geoint/item/1610-spotlight-usgif-member-boundless.html.
- "Company Overview of Boundless Spatial Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapid=217731102.
- "Strategic Hires at OpenGeo Expand Management, User Support Capabilities". Directions Magazine. http://www.directionsmag.com/pressreleases/strategic-hires-at-opengeo-expand-management-user-support-capabilities/118130.
- "Someone just embedded $3 million onto OpenGeo's map". New York Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2013/05/17/opengeo-gets-3-million-in-seed.html.
- "OpenGeo Announces Strategic Partnership with IQT, Furthering “Spatial IT” Initiatives". In-Q-Tel. https://www.iqt.org/opengeo-announces-strategic-partnership-with-iqt-furthering-spatial-it-initiatives/.
- "OpenGeo spins-off from OpenPlans". OpenPlans. http://blog.openplans.org/2013/05/opengeo-spins-off-from-openplans/.
- "OpenGeo is Now Boundless". Reuters. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/17/ny-opengeo-boundless-idUSnPNNY81005+1e0+PRN20130917.